February 14, 2012

Praise the Positive!


My kids sometimes are a little naughty ;). Here is a way to visually show them when they are good. Praise the positive and maybe more positive behavior will come!
I just printed a page with "Caught you being Good" on the top and each of my children's names down the page. I framed it. I put it on the piano where they see it multiple times a day.
Now, everytime I see them doing something good, I put a mark by their name with a dry erase marker. I don't erase when they are bad... because again... I'm trying to praise the positive! Once they have 15 marks by their name, they get a prize such as going out for ice cream with mom or dad.
Examples of being good? Playing with each other without fighting, doing their chores without me asking, stopping their own arguments without me, etc...

No comments: