August 15, 2010

Health Contest

For the month of August, I am participating in 2 "Contests". The first is a deal with my Sister in law's that we would go all month without sweets! The second is a contest with my company, It is a month long health challenge. We get points for how much water we drink(up to 12 cups a day), how much exercise we get(up to 2 hours daily), how many fruits and veggies we eat (up to 10 a day), how much sleep we get(up to 8 hours daily). We subtract 5 points for every sweet or soda. The winners in the company will get cash prizes! I got myself a prize already though, Sketchers shapeups shoes, although I can't wear them until I make it through the month!
So, because I'm not eating sweets for one contest, I'm doing pretty good on the other! I'm posting this because, I challenged my girls to do one of the contests. Emmie gave up after the first day, but Kilee and I have now made it halfway through the month! It hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. I have had a few days where I've really had to focus on not eating sweets, but for the most part I am not even tempted. Kilee chose to do the "work" contest, so she has had a few days where she has had sweets, but she made sure she exercised for an hour those days to make up some points. If she has 700 points by the end of the month, I will pay her $20.00. She is really doing well, and we talked today about how after the month is over, we both know that we can do it, and we both have decided to only eat sweets occasionally!

1 comment:

Missy said...

K, that is impressive and I'd like to say inspiring... but I'm eating zucchini bread right now :)